Places of interest in the local area:
Wild Swimming in our nearby lakes or the river Charente, plus canoeing and kayaking all available from the house, as well as other local water activities just 100 metres away.
- Spa Source La Roche-Posay – This award winning spa – just over an hour away will feature in the retreat programme but you can book in for a longer stay as desired
- Roc aux Sorciers Prehistoric Sculpture Interpretation Centre
- La Belle Flower Garden
- Crocodile Planet
- Blossac Theatre
- Town of the Written
- Monkey Valley
- Le Cormenier Museum
- Saint-Cyr Outdoor Recreation Area
- DéfiPlanet’ in Dienné: the Leisure Park
- Saint Savin-sur-Gartempe Abbey
- Giants of the Sky
- VéloRail de Chauvigny Rail Bike
- Futuroscope Theme Park
St. Jacques de Compostelle passes through Charroux and we regularly have pilgrims staying with us for some rest and recuperation.
Heading south, it crosses the Spanish border into the Basque country and leads to the town of St. Jean Pied de Port, or on to Spain for the more energetic.
Find out more about the Camino de Santiago
The beaches of the Aquitaine – Along the western coast of Aquitaine in south-west France there is an almost unbroken line of beaches facing the Atlantic Ocean. Many of these beaches are simply stunning with miles of golden sand too to wash your cares away.
Visit the ‘France This Way’ website for further information